With the tween sensation of Twilight hitting the bookshelves post-Harry Potter and then turning into a five part movie series, vampires and the forbidden romance seems to have taken hold on the romance world. True Blood, Zombieland, and other tv shows and movies have continued the forward momentum. From the lure of the loves that we shouldn't desire to the focus on the paranormal in young adult literature, more and more I'm finding a huge impact on relationships and families. Even the Social Security Administration claims that Jacob and Isabella are the top two baby names for 2010. With that kind of impact, it's no wonder there is an influx of Twilight pop culture wedding influences.
First, I found a few actual wedding shots featured on a Twilight fan site. Also there are entire posts all over the web devote to Twilight-inspired wedding ideas, thanks in part to sneak peaks of the Breaking Dawn wedding. Here are some of my favorites:
- I am in love with the Enchanted Forest arrangement.
- A red, romantic collection of ruby chandelier earrings pulls this idea board together.
- If you can make it through this video of 50 ideas to Twilight-ify your wedding, you are a true fan.
- A Kristin Stewart fan site went all out to juxtapose quotes from the book with inspirational photos.
- This blog has completely gorgeous table settings inspired by Twilight, but not the gothic portion of the books but the green, wooded naturescape of Forks, Washington.
- For those looking for a signature drink, try this recipe: the Vampire.
- Another post that has great cake ideas and favors for the Team Edward fans.
- And of course, never leave Etsy unexplored: Twilight wedding items handcrafted just for you!
Second, if you are looking to incorporate quotes from the novels into your wedding in some way, here's a short list that captures the drama, the romance, and the desire all wrapped up in just a few sentences:
- I love you. I will always love you, no matter what.
- You're the very best part of my life.
- I dream about being with you forever.
- You are my life now.
- Trust me just this once; you are the opposite of ordinary.
- And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
- I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it.
- You can sleep, sweetheart. I'll carry you.
- Your wish, my command.
- You are my life. You're the only thing it would hurt me to lose.
- I can feel what you are feeling now and you are worth it.
- You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever.
From Edward and Bella's love of Debussy
to their incredibly strong declarations of love (such as "I can't live in a world where you don't exist."), fans swoon over the romance
within the novels. I don't think there is anything wrong whatsoever with themed weddings
, but just remember: this is your wedding and any theme you and your spouse settle on needs to reflect the two of you!